PORK WITH SWEET & SOUR AND PINEAPPLE SAUCE
225g of pork (any type of lean meat like fillets or sirloin)
1 red pepper
250g pineapple in syrup (canned)
For the sweet & sour sauce:
125g brown sugar
2 tablespoons of corn starch flour
½ glass white wine vinegar
2 cloves of garlic
1 ripe tomato, peeled
10 tablespoons of the pineapple syrup
1. Cut the meat in medium sized pieces. Cut up the onion, pineapple, carrot and pepper in the same size as the pork.
2. Place the pork in a wok or frying pan with olive oil, add salt and cook until done. Remove and put to one side.
3. Place the vegetables and the pineapple in the wok, sauté for a couple of minutes leaving the vegetables al dente. Remove and put to one side.
4. To make the sweet & sour sauce, put all the ingredients in a blender, and then take to boiling point in a pot, until the sauce thickens a little.
5. Add the pork and vegetables to the boiling sauce in the pot. Cook for a few minutes, add salt if needed.
Share this recipe with other Pork Lovers